The Easy Barcode Pen is a pen-sized USB barcode reader for your Mac or PC. Just plug it in, pick up the pen, and run the tip along a barcode as if you were highlighting it.
Unlike other limited, PC-only solutions, the Easy Barcode Pen requires no additional software or hardware for your Mac or PC. Just scan a barcode to to "type" the value right into your favorite applications -- any program, from FileMaker Pro 7 to QuickBooks. Using its advanced, built-in interpretation engine, your pen will scan and digitize the right barcode value, every time.
Loaded With Features
The new Easy Barcode Pen works with both major platforms, including Mac OS X and Windows XP. Easy Barcode Technologies and the Easy Barcode Pen make barcoding easy and hassle free -- simply plug it in and start scanning. It couldn't be easier or more affordable
The new Easy Barcode Pen features:
- Plug-and-play functionality on Mac OS X, Mac OS 9, and Windows
- Easy rubberized pen grip with slim, flexible cable that can plug into any USB port... including the USB port that's right on your Apple USB Keyboard!
- Extensive customization options with included booklet.
- No buttons or moving parts: nothing to trigger, simply pass the reader over any barcode to read it into the currently running program.
- Barcode AIM Identification Mode, enabled special character output to identify the barcode symbology for reproduction purposes.
- Special ISBN conversion mode for Bookland EAN to ISBN numeric conversions. Use this mode for scanning ISBNs into FileMaker databases or other inventory products.
- International keyboard support with 18 built-in mappings.
- Customizable end-of-scan character, allowing the pen to automatically confirm entries or close dialog boxes.
- Driverless barcode entry compatibility with leading development tools, including Apple's Project Builder and REAL Software's REALbasic.
- Customizable audible scan indicators, built-in to the device.
- Impact resistant blue and ivory finish, featuring an easy-grip surface for fast, efficient scanning.
- Optical: 660 nm Red LED, 0.127mm resolution, 1.0mm depth, scan rate 4-24 inches/second, 40 to 90 degree reading angle, 0.6 minimum print contrast ratio.
- Interface: Works with all USB ports -- USB 1.1 and 2.0 speeds
- Supported Barcode Symbologies: All popular barcode types, including those found on books, retail items, and asset tags. UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, JAN-8, JAN-13, Code 39, Code 128, UCC/EAN 128, Bookland EAN / ISBN, ISSN, Code 93, Codabar, Code 32, I2of5, Code 93, MSI, Industrial 2 of 5, and Matrix 2 of 5.
No Configuration Required!
There's nothing to getting started with your Easy Barcode Pen. Simply plug it in to any free USB port, find a barcode, run across it like a highlighter, and that's it! The barcode's value will be typed, as if entered on the keyboard, into the frontmost application. If you'd like to customize this behavior, you have complete control using the included setup booklet.
Order online at the Easy Barcode Technologies eStore
Ready to order? You can use any major credit card on our secure online store. Order today!
Need to generate barcodes on your computer? Check out Easy Barcode Creator!
Can we help? Please contact us if you need assistance.